Madison Middle Sports Information
To receive messages via text concerning MM Sports, text @mmsports to 81010.
You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, unsubscribe @mmsports.
MMS Basketball Information:
Open Gym Schedule:
-7th & 8th Grade Open Gym - Tuesday/Thursday, Oct.27th & 29th from 3:00 - 5:00 pm in MMS Gym
-6th Open Gym - Wednesdays, Oct.28th from 5:30-7:30 pm in MMS Gym
Try-outs will be held Saturday, Oct. 31st
-8th Grade - 8:00 - 9:00 am
-7th Grade - 9:15 - 10:15 am
-8th Grade - 10:30 - 11:30 am
For more information check with Coach Manuel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Gym Schedule: Mon 10/26 & Tues 10/27
6th Grade from 5:30-6:45 pm and 7th/8th Graders from 7:00-8:30 in the MMS Gym
Try-outs will be held:
6th Grade - Oct. 29th from 5:30-6:10
7th Grade - Oct. 29th from 6:15-7:20
8th Grade - Oct. 29th from 7:25-8:30
6th Grade archery parent meeting (or any 7th/8th grade that is not currently on team) will be held on Thurs. Nov 5th at 5;30 pm in MMS Auditorium. Face mask and Social distancing will be practiced.
Archery Practice will be Oct. 26th, Oct. 28th & Oct. 30th from 3:00-5:00 pm
Return to Competition Guidelines
Parents/Guardians/Family Members/Community Members:
We are excited for the opportunity to begin the 2020-21 athletic season and proud of our coaching staff and
student athletes for all the work that has been completed for us to return safely to competition. We want to
share our plan for each athletic contest (gymnasium and outdoor facilities). We have taken into consideration
restrictions and guidelines set forth by the KHSAA, Madison Country District Office and our Commonwealth
Middle School Athletic Conference. We are looking forward to a great year of competition!
- Each home player will be given 3 vouchers (for outside facilities) and 2 vouchers (for inside facilities).
- Each away player will be given 2 vouchers.
- NO Entry to the Event without this Voucher.
- Each voucher will admit ONLY one person (NOT an Adult and Child) & Players and their families will decide who gets the vouchers.
- Each person entering will need to fill out the voucher with name and phone number (due to contact tracing).
Entering the Event
- Masks are REQUIRED. You will not be allowed to enter, and you will have to leave the facility if you refuse to wear the mask.
- All individuals entering a game/event of any kind before, during, and after are required to wear a mask/face covering.
- All coaches, non-competitors (substitutions), fans, cheerleaders, and dancers shall wear a mask/face covering.
- A “gaiter” complies with this requirement provided it is properly worn covering the nose and mouth when the player is not participating and can easily slip down around the neck during participation.
- Anyone who is not engaged in strenuous physical activity is to be wearing a mask/face covering.
- Any individual refusing to wear a mask or refusing to wear it properly the entire time will be required to leave the facility.
- Once your voucher is presented, you will be given a temperature check. If your temperature is under 100.4, you will proceed to buy your ticket to attend the game. If not, we would ask that you sit in car for 5 minutes and then have it rechecked. If it continues to be 100.4 or higher, you will not be permitted to enter the event.
- Tickets are $4 for adults and $2 for students (we ask that you have exact change).
- All attendees will be screened based on the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting. Any attendee exhibiting symptoms should not attend the competition.
- All attendees must wear a mask during the entire event.
- All attendees will maintain social distancing of 6 feet from other attendees not associated with them.
- All attendees will remain 10 yards from the field of plan and athletes.
- (Standing along the fences, in the parking lots and along sidewalks will not be allowed).
- All attendees will need to sit in the designated areas in gym or in outdoor facilities.
Exiting the Game
- All attendees will exit the facility as soon as the event has ended.
- Indoor events: attendees will be asked to leave out the side doors of the gym, so they will not have to walk through incoming attendees. Once gym is cleared, the next grade level will be allowed into the gym. (Parents of 7 th grader basketball we ask that you do not enter gym until 6:30).
- Outdoor events: attendees will be asked to leave after the first game is over (directions will be given after game).
- After the game is over, we ask that you make your way to your vehicle and remember to keep social distancing (6 feet away).
- Coaches, players, and officials will be the only individuals allowed on playing surfaces during the contest.
- Players are required to come dressed for play as locker rooms will not be used.
- Coaches will assign players a spot to sit individual equipment so social distancing can be accomplished.
- Athletes are required to provide their own hydration as shared hydration stations will not be in use.
- Players must be social distanced and wear a mask when not in play.
- Concession: during the contest there will be a limited concession stand. We will have drinks (water, etc). All drinks will be $1 please provide Exact Change.
- No Food can be provided for athletes prior to or after the games. Remember, it will be responsibility of the individual athlete to bring their own hydration.
We do understand that the guidelines may not be as convenient for parents, but we are doing everything we can
to have a normal season for our student athletes. As recommendations and guidelines are changing weekly, we
will update parents as we get new notifications. If you have any questions, contact Robbie Riley at
Booster Club Meeting:
Summer Practice Schedules:
We will begin posting dates and times for each sport prior to July 1st. If you have any questions, contact me Robbie Riley at email@example.com.
Coaches Contact information:
Contact Athletic Director, Robbie Riley
Commonwealth Middle Conference: