Madison County School Health Clinic Emergency Action Plan Procedure
- School nurse identifies need for emergency plan by reviewing consents completed by parent/guardian (MCSD 2) or following plans that were initiated in previous school year.
- If life threatening condition is indicated by parent/guardian on consent, or if child had plan in the previous school year, the parent/guardian will be contacted by letter or telephone call offering to write/update the plan and will be documented outreach under CONTACT TAB in IC.
- If parent/guardian responds to outreach letter, interview face to face or by phone, for completion of emergency plan and record and sign under CONTACT TAB in IC.
- Review Madison County Schools Emergency Procedure Guide for specific health condition with parent/guardian and provide a copy for home if applicable.
- Complete emergency plan under HEALTH CONDITIONS TAB in IC and FLAG if applicable, indicating any individualized instructions, including emergency medications prescribed.
- Send “Permission to Give Prescription Medications” (MCBE 1) to parent/guardian or Health Care Provider for appropriate signature if emergency medication prescribed.
- Review Emergency Action Plan procedure with school staff at beginning of each school year and provide updates and support as needed.
- Provide in-service/instructions for accessing emergency plan from IC to:
- Teacher (s)
- OTHER school staff, such as the cafeteria manager and / or bus driver etc.
- Document in EAP clinic log book and store along with hard copy HEALTH CONDITIONS ALERT REPORT generated any time there is a change/addition.
- Distribute hard copy HEALTH CONDITIONS ALERT REPORT from IC to principal and put in medication cart and place a copy in the EAP clinic log book.
9. Have staff sign off on MCSD 247 that they know how to access health condition information in IC.