Madison County Schools is focused on improving student achievement. We are currently engaged in 5 initiatives to provide the greatest educational experience for the children of our community.
- Improving Instructional Strategies for Teachers
- Madison County Schools has been a state leader in the Instructional Rounds process. Over the past 4 years we have refined this process so that teachers are observing other teachers and having meaningful conversations about improving instruction for our students. The district is committed to providing the leadership and resources necessary to continue this endeavor.
- We are currently involved in the state work of implementing a new teacher evaluation system which includes the use of the Charlotte Danielson Framework, student voice surveys, peer observations, and the development of administrators as instructional coaches.
- We believe in the integration of technology as an instructional tool. We realize that today’s learners must be proficient with the use of technology and we understand that technology can enhance and increase a teachers ability to formatively assess student learning and adapt instruction to the individual needs of the student.
- Early Childhood Education
- Implementation of Full Day Kindergarten is a top priority in the district. Realizing that building a solid foundation is critical to school success we are forging forward with plans to ensure that every student in the graduating class of 2027 experiences full day kindergarten.
- Our partnership with local childcare providers through the Early Childhood Alliance remains important to us as we desire for every student to enter Madison County Schools ready for kindergarten.
- Improving Achievement in Math and Reading
- The data clearly shows that achievement in reading, social studies, and science outpaces achievement in math for Madison County students. We have assigned a Math Task Force to consider the causes and develop a District Math Improvement Plan. The Math Task Force is a teacher led initiative that will specifically address instructional practices and structures that will increase student achievement in mathematics.
- Several years ago Madison County embraced the “Literacy for All” approach to improving reading levels for our students. We have experienced success and are committed to continued growth in reading levels for our students.
- Increasing Rigor
- We expect all instruction to be at a level that is rigorous and individually challenging for every student. To achieve this we have aligned our curriculums with the Kentucky Core Academic Standards and provide opportunities for teachers to work collaboratively to ensure appropriate levels and differentiated strategies to accommodate rigorous instruction.
- Both high schools in the Madison County School system participate in Advance Kentucky Cohort to increase enrollment in Advanced Placement Courses and increase success rates on AP exams for college credit. We were recently named to the national AP Honor Roll by College Board because of our success in this endeavor.
- College and Career Readiness
- It is very important that every student graduates the Madison County School system ready for college and/or careers. We are continually looking to enhance our offering of career certification programs and career related courses.
- Realizing the importance of national standardized tests such as the ACT our secondary schools have aligned course objectives with ACT standards so our students are prepared to reach college readiness benchmarks on national assessments.
Back to Curriculum & Instruction