Madison County Schools has 14 school sites again this year that are eligible for and implementing the Community Eligibility Program for the 2016-2017 school year. Children at the below schools can eat free breakfast and lunch in the school cafeteria!
The CEP eligible schools include:
- Daniel Boone Elementary
- Glenn Marshall Elementary
- Kingston Elementary
- Kirksville Elementary
- Kit Carson Elementary
- Madison Kindergarten Academy
- Shannon Johnson Elementary
- Silver Creek Elementary
- Waco Elementary
- Clark-Moores Middle
- Farristown Middle
- Foley Middle
- Madison Middle
- Bellevue Learning Center, including Madison Day Treatment and Preschool
Beginning on the first day of school, ALL students at these CEP eligible schools will receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge each day of the 2016-2017 school year. Children will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit a meal application.
Important things to know about the CEP meal status:
- Children attending a school with CEP meal status receive school breakfast and lunch at no charge.
- Children may still purchase a la carte items such as extra milk or additional food items.
- If a child moves to another school, the CEP meal status will not apply. Parents will need to contact the food service office for clarification in this case.
- If parents have deposited money on their child’s meal account, they can request a refund or leave the money on the account for purchase of a la carte items.
- CEP meal status only applies to students attending eligible schools.
- Free/reduced meals are still available at other Madison County schools for students who qualify.
Schools qualify for CEP meal status based on their percentage of students who are directly certified for free meals. The district worked diligently with the Kentucky Department of Education to determine and verify these exact numbers. Based on the findings, the 14 schools listed are eligible schools at this time.
For additional information please contact Scott Anderson at 859-625-6026 or Erin Stewart at 859-624-4500.