Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

School Registration

Return to About Our School


School Health and Enrollment Requirements

The following is a list of school health/medical and enrollment documents required by the state of Kentucky and Madison County Board of Education. It is recommended that parents/guardians keep copies of all Health/Medical related documents.    

PROOF OF RESIDENCY:  Proof of residency in Madison County is required.  Parent/Guardian should bring a utility bill or an apartment rental agreement, if applicable.  Driver's licenses are NOT acceptable to prove residency.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Kentucky law requires a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate upon enrollment. The school must view the original copy received from the state and make a photocopy for the student’s file. Hospital and billfold size birth certificates are not acceptable.


CUSTODY: It is the parent/guardian responsibility to keep the school informed of changes in custody by the providing the school office with current and complete legal documents each year. These legal documents must be on file in the school office prior to the first day of school.

IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE: (KRS 158.035) EACH student must have a CURRENT KENTUCKY Immunization certificate on file in the school office at ALL times. The school will keep the original form.

  • For a complete list of required immunizations see:
  • In-State enrollees will be required to provide proof of a current KY Immunization Certificate UPON ENROLLMENT.
  • Out-of-State enrollees will be required to provide their out-of state immunization documents to the Madison County Health Department for transfer.  Or provide the Out of State Immunization Certificate to the School Nurse to transfer to KY forms. 

SCHOOL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: (704KAR 4:020) A Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination is required for ALL enrolling students.  This physical should be completed on a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form.  Out-of-state enrollees have thirty (30) days to complete this requirement.  Students transferring from another school within the state of Kentucky must present the physical UPON enrollment.


This health care exam will be required upon enrollment for a child’s initial entry (PreK-4th) into Kentucky public school and again when entering into sixth (6th) grade within a period of twelve (12) months prior to initial admission to school.

  • This form must include a medical history, growth and development, general appearance, physical assessment and recommendations to the school regarding health problems that may require special attention in the classroom or physical education activities.
  • The school will keep the original form. The Kentucky Preventative Physical Exam Form can be downloaded by clicking on the forms link below.

ANNUAL SPORTS PHYSICAL: Required annually for students participating in middle/high school athletics. The KHSAA sports physical exam does not replace the required “Kentucky Preventative Physical Exam” required for sixth grade entry. Contact your school’s Athletic Director regarding requirements for each school level.

EYE EXAMINATION: KRS 156.160  Proof of a vision examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist completed on Kentucky Eye Examination Form for School Entry. This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a three (3), four (4), Five (5) or six (6) year old child is enrolled in public school, public preschool or Head Start Program. The school will keep the original form. The Kentucky Eye Examination Form can be downloaded below.

DENTAL SCREENING/EXAMINATION: KRS 156.160  Beginning with the 2010-2011 school year: Requires proof of a dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant. This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a five (5) or six (6) year old is enrolled in public school. The school will keep the original form.

  All the forms can be located at the following link.  http://www.madisoncountyhealthdept.org/                                                    

If you have any questions please call Cindi Doolin (Attendance/Health Records clerk) 859-625-6076).