Advanced Placement Testing at MCHS
Madison Central High School
2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Information
Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Madison Central High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn student’s college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the 2019 AP exams, students at Madison Central High School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
This year each AP exam costs $98.00. Madison Central High School desires that every student be able to take his or her AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance will register online, but will check the Free/Reduced lunch box in order to be eligible for exams at no cost. This is based on the completion of the HIF form and if a student was approved for free/reduced lunch.
Online Exam registration will begin on Thursday, Nov 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm and end on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:00 PM. In order to register, students should click on the link provide on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/182278 to register.
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
This year the scantron answer sheets will be filled out by Total Registration. Therefore, IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON YOUR REGISTRATION FORM IS CORRECT as the information will come from the website.
Madison Central High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm - Registration Begins
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm. - Registration Ends…………….THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST DAY TO ORDER OR PAY FOR AN AP EXAM. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:01 AM - Registrations that have not been paid will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Mrs. Amy Palmer, email@example.com , if you would like to register for an exam not listed or have any questions.
Overview of Registration Process Steps:
Go to link: www.totalregistration.net/AP/182278
- Complete all sections/questions on the registration form.
- Carefully check exams and teachers for which you have registered. (Exam names and schedule are at the back of this letter.)
- Make payment online ($98 per exam which includes a 4% processing fee) with Total Registration. Students who have filled out the HIF Form and are eligible for free or reduced school lunch qualify for funding to cover the cost of AP exams. Students will indicate this during registration, it will be verified, and then they will be able to print a copy of the confirmation page once verification is complete.
Exams will be ordered on March 6, 2019.
The AP exam schedule is below. Students MUST take the exams on the days scheduled. Make-up exams will only be given under circumstances approved by College Board. Students who have a testing conflict (two exams on the same day at the same time) must see Mrs. Palmer in the Guidance Office to schedule an alternate exam.