Prerequisite: Must pass Intro to Theatre and teacher approval
This year-long, advanced, activity-oriented course is designed to increase students understanding of the theatrical arts.
• study advanced principles of acting
• study character analysis
• explore the use of advanced technical theatre elements
• learn advanced stage costuming and make-up techniques
• learn about theatre etiquette and the professional audition process
• learn about advanced blocking sequences, including stage combat and basic choreography
Students in our Advanced Acting class are the backbone of our theatre program and all students are members of the Madison Southern Eagle Players acting troupe. Participation in this course is demanding, but very rewarding. Production work required. Enrollment in the course constitutes agreement to fulfill all curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular requirements.