For day 1, read Shamus story below and provide comments. We will discuss his story in class on Tuesday.
Shamus says this is "a fun and entertaining piece for the whole family" and he requests that people pay attention to how we feel about the narrator. Is he just likable, just unlikable, or did Shamus make the narrator interesting by providing some of both?
You can either make comments on this document or click file and make a copy if you don't want everyone in class to see what you're commenting.
The minimum requirements for workshop comments are below.
- A Netflix style synopsis of the plot.
- Major questions you still have.
- A discussion of what the author does well. Be specific. Give an example and explain why it works.
- A discussion of what the author could do better. Be specific. Give an example and explain why it doesn't work.
- At least one specific suggestion for how the author could revise the story.