AP English Language and Composition Files & Links
- Research Synthesis
- Twain's "The Lowest Animal" (twain's the lowest animal.doc)
- Colbert's Congressional Address on Immigration (colbert congress immigration.docx)
For help, view the "Satire Powerpoint" on the main AP class page.
- 2006 A Rhetorical Analysis (Price's "The Plastic Pink Flamingo") (2006 A Analysis (flamingo, with prompt notes).pdf)
The prompt for the Community unit rhetorical analysis essay.
- 2010(B) Prompts (Analysis Training)
Read the essay by Debra Marquart on page 9, and then read the sample responses in the link provided in this folder.
- 2010(B) Analysis Sample Responses
Read the essays and scoring notes that follow.
- Calipari's Big Blue Madness speech
Assignment: Annotate for any rhetorical devices you see that help Calipari argue UK basketball is "the gold standard" of college athletics.
- Rousseau "The Social Pact" (Rousseau.pdf)
In a graphic organizer, analyze SOAPStone, two examples of paradox, and one example of another rhetorical device of your choosing.
- Community Unit Outline (Unit Outline.docx)
In case you are absent or want to work ahead, here is the daily outline for the Community unit.
On T, 10/22, we will read Calipari's BBM speech instead of the article from "The Onion."
- Bush 9-11 Oval Office Address (Bush speech.docx)
Analyze SOAPStone and specifically annotate for repetition, metaphor, diction, and juxtaposition, as well as any other devices you see President Bush use.
- JFK Inaugural Address (JFK Inaugural Address.docx)
Analyze SOAPStone and specifically annotate for repetition (antimetabole and anaphora, especially) and juxtaposition, as well as any other devices you see President Kennedy use.
- King's "Letter from Birmingham Jail" (Martin Luther King (allusion, analogy, imagery).docx)
Analyze two examples each of how King uses allusion, imagery, and analogy to respond to the clergymen's claims against him. Be sure to identify which of the claims he argues against in the examples you choose.
Read the statement on 260-261, and read King's letter through paragraph 22 on page 267.
- Grisham's The Street Lawyer RRJ (The Street Lawyer RRJ.doc)
Due November 18th