|Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad|
Using the site below find out the following information to create an infomative poster. (You will need to purchase our own poster board.)
1. What was the purpose of the Underground Railroad (Make sure you develop a well written paragraph that gives specific details about the Underground Railroad.)
2. Using a map show at least one route slaves could have taken to escape. (Maps can be printed from the Internet or you can get a blank map from your teacher.)
3. Explain two stops that slaves could have made. Tell the importance of how these places where used in the Underground Railroad. (Print pictures of each place to put on your poster.) (You can use the website under #2.)
4. Harriet Tubman: Explain her role in the Underground Railroad.
5. Slave: Identify a slave that went on the Underground Railroad and describe who they where and how they received their freedom.
5. Image you are a slave and take a journey in the underground railroad.