How can I prepare for the ACT?
1. Go to the guidance counselor's office and get the "ACT study guide"
2. Log on to your Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and complete the free ACT prep (If you don't know your usernames/passwords,your advisor, teachers, or guidance counselor can help)
3. View emails on the ILP website from the guidance office related to ACT prep and free webinars.
4. Develop the attitude of "effort = success". Your teachers are guiding you toward higher level thinking. Work with them by having a positive attitude and do not be afraid to try the most difficult assignments or tasks, even if you think you may fail at first.
5. Take the ACT at least 2 or 3 times before the beginning of your senior year. If you don't have the money or transportation to schedule an exam on a national test date, ask a trusted teacher to make a copy of the test from a practice book and time yourself. Only give yourself the time normally allowed for each section of the test. You may also wish to visit ACT.org for more on-line ACT assistance. Look for the tab that says "ACT online prep".