Robots are machines that do specific tasks. Robots are used in many factories through out the world. Computers process the information using codes and send control signals.
Check out this site about the history of Robots: http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/online/robotics_new/universal/index.html
Machines and Man: http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/online/robotics_new/ethics/index.html
Check out these four questions and have class discussions.
- List examples of robots (real and fiction)
- List charactieristics of robots
- Describe how robots are used by humans
Student Journal Topics:
What is a robot?
Design a robot.
- What is the robot's characteristics?
- What jobs can this robot be trained to perform?
Robots doing different kinds of jobs:
- Dangerous Work
- Dull (repetitive) Work
- Delicate Work (precision)
- Dirty Work (hositle environment beyond human safety)