Class Notes: TEST is Thursday Mar 9th_
Click here for the Reaction NOTES Handout
Click here for Study guide for Test Chemical Reactions Pre AP
Click here for review stuff to know for the Reaction test
Online practice quizzes: For each section write down how you did on each part, give me some feedback on how good this practice was. and turn this in. On Q #4 they made 2 mistakes, tell why.
Need PT and Ion sheet
1) Balancing Go to: http://education.jlab.org/elementbalancing/ try 5 or more of each level.
2) Types Go to: http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=the-chemical-reaction-quiz try the quiz.
3) Single displacement Go to: http://www.mrteacherdude.com/practice_quizzes/chemistry/chemical_equations/equation_quiz1_ver6.htm try the quiz.
4) Formulas Go to: http://glencoe.mheducation.com/sites/0078600510/student_view0/unit5/chapter20/math_practice.html try the quiz.
5) Practice predicting Go to: http://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/taters/EquationProducts.htm
6) Solubility Go to: http://chemistry.about.com/od/testsquizze1/l/blsolubility.htm try the quiz. Use the Solubility table on the Ion Sheet
Practice predicting: Write balanced equations and answer questions:
1.Lead (II) ions are introduced into a solution of sodium chlorate (will a ppt form?)
2.A solution of copper nitrate is poured over a piece of zinc metal (a reddish brown solid appears, what is it?)
3.Sodium carbonate is heated (if you test the gas with a lit match will it be extinguished?)
4.Copper (II) hydroxide decomposes
5.Manganese (IV) iodide is sprinkled into a flask containing chlorine gas
6.Calcium hydroxide decomposes when heated
7.Plaster of Paris (anhydrous) is made by heating gypsum (calcium sulfate dihydrate) .
8.Ammonium hydroxide decomposes
9.Methane gas is completely burned
10.Sulfur trioxide is released in the air and forms acid rain (name the acid also)
11.Butane gas (tetracarbon decahydride) is burned outside in air
12.Ammonium acetate is heated and decomposes
Bill Nye Reactions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtcf6Pjahec
Predicting products https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfHHN0CxFM
Reaction Types Causey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d58UcB_Yb2Q
Double displacement Brightstorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj9DYK5YHU
Net Ionic equations Brightstorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXqelH1MxGw
Net ionic Eq Bergmann-Sams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc20e25QeF0
Balancing practice: https://phet.colorado.edu/
Net ionic Bozeman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvERNlUdBQ
Chemical curiosities Royal Institution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_E2ZKZpC4