PC to Mac Basics:http://support.apple.com/kb/VI207?viewlocale=en_US#clicktoplay
Anatomy of a Machttp://support.apple.com/kb/VI53?viewlocale=en_US
This video highlights the dock, menu and stacks.
The dock is on the bottom of your screen. You can mouse over to find out the names of the icons. The dock is a shortcut to the applications you like. You can also delete the ones you don't like.
- Finder helps you find anything you need.
- Dashboard are the widgets you like to check often....you can click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen when the dashboard is open to personalize your dashboard.
- At the end of the dock is what is known as stacks...this is the applications folder, you also may see a document and download folder there if you wish to keep it there.
The menu at the top is what you use with the application that is open if you do not to the name of the open application (which is the first name you will leave that application running, you have to go here to close it). This menu is on the left hand side.
On the right hand side you can find status menus like date, time, wifi, battery,.....
you can also use the spotlight to find anything even email.
Other need tools:
Spotlight is an awesome tool you can find anything with it even email and even webpages you have visited
- You can type what you are looking for and it will find you all the matching files, even the definitions
- Spotlight also does math equations, without opening a calculator
Help on the mac is an instant resources to help you through any issues may need help on even with software.
Finder Basics: Finder is always running to help you.http://support.apple.com/kb/VI209?viewlocale=en_US
How to personalize your Mac.....set your background or customize your dock.http://support.apple.com/kb/VI208?viewlocale=en_US