What does the PTO do, exactly?
If you look up “PTO” in the dictionary you might find words like organize, support, help, and volunteer. The PTO organizes special events such as the spring fling, teacher appreciation, yearbooks sales, spirit shirt designs, and sales just to name a few.
Who can join PTO?
Any parent or guardian of a current student of WES as well as all current faculty and staff.
How do I become a member?
Waco Elementary PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the benefits of membership?
First, it gives you a voice! Your membership entitles you to vote at all meetings on PTO business. (There is one vote per household.) You may desire to volunteer to help with our many events throughout the year. Volunteering is encouraged but NOT required. In a way just paying your dues helps us fund programs that enhance your child’s learning experience.
What programs does PTO fund and support?
When and where are the PTO Meetings?
Scheduled PTO meetings Waco Calendar
May PTO Election
Why should I come to PTO Meetings?
• The number one reason is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. The PTO is a great opportunity to become involved in your child’s education at WES.
• There is no better to get connected and get involved in what is happening or is going to happen at WES.
• Stay informed. By getting involved at WES, you will be part of the team helping to make positive changes.
• PTO functions are an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and be informed.
• Be a role model. By becoming active in the PTO, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Studies show children do better in school when parents are involved.
• Speak Up. PTO offers a forum for exchanging ideas as well as making suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively express change at ECM.
How can I make a difference at WES?
The PTO believes that parent involvement is an essential ingredient to a student’s success. We strongly encourage all parents and faculty to join the PTO. Joining the PTO is a great way for you to show support for your child and to ensure he/she receives the best education possible. You can attend the PTO meetings, volunteer your time for PTO events and support the fundraising events to help educate your children. Your input is important to us.
Providing Field Trip Transportation Costs
Designing and Selling Spirit Shirts and Hoodies
Raising Funds for Playground Equipment and Campus Improvements
Buddy Fun Day Inflatables
Providing incentive reward parties
Purchase Awards for the student body
Fundraiser and the Fundraiser Celebrations that follow
Supporting Our new “WATCH Dog” Program
Supporting staff and students when needed.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Back to School Night Incentives
Student Christmas Store
PTO Ball game for students
PTO Officers 2019 - 2020
A Parent Volunteer Handbook must be read and signed before participating in any functions for Waco Elementary School. Each volunteer must complete a confidentially training before volunteer at Madison County Schools. email@example.com
PTO Officers Election is held in May.
2019-2020 PTO Board Members
President - Brandi Mullins
Vice President - Kristie Johnson
Treasurer - Ashley Kester
Secretary - Daphne Wright
Staff Representative - Traca Wooton
Staff Representative - Amy Ritter