On Fire for their Future
Weather Delay Options
Two-Hour Delay Option
What does the two-hour delay option mean for parents and students?
- A two-hour delay would be announced in the same way as a school cancellation. The district will utilize the district messaging system to notify parents. Please also check the local media including television stations, radio stations, the district website, the district's Facebook page or the district's Twitter page for that information.
- During a delay, the district may need to cancel school if the weather does not permit for a safe start to the day. Please continue to check news outlets throughout a delay.
- Buses will run two hours after their regular schedule during a two-hour delay. If your child is a bus rider in the mornings, please make arrangements for your child to get on his/her bus at the delayed time.
- If your child is a car rider, you will be able to drop your child off at his/her school two hours after the regular drop off time during a two-hour delay.
- Breakfast WILL be provided in the event of a delay.
- Lunch will be provided on the normal schedule.
- Afternoon release times will be as normal.
- During a two-hour delay, MORNING preschool will be cancelled.
- AFTERNOON preschool will operate at regular times. Buses for midday pick up will run on their regular schedules.
- Middle school students who normally meet 1st period at the high school will report to their middle school and will not go to the high school for that day during a two-hour delay.
If you would like additional information, please contact your child’s school or the Central Office at 859-624-4500.