MCS Tip Line:
- Tips will not be monitored outside of school hours, on student non-attendance days, weekends, school breaks (including summer) or holidays.
- All messages left during these times will be reviewed the next school day.
- Tips should include specific details about who, what, where and when.
- Please select a Tip category and a school site or location when submitting tips.
Types of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
Physical involves hurting a person’s body or possessions. Physical includes:
- Taking or breaking someone’s things
- Making mean or rude hand gestures
Verbal is saying or writing mean things. Verbal includes:
- Inappropriate sexual comments
- Threatening to cause harm
Social, sometimes referred to as relational, involves hurting someone’s reputation or relationships. Social includes:
- Leaving someone out on purpose
- Telling other children not to be friends with someone
- Spreading rumors about someone
- Embarrassing someone in public
Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology. Examples of cyberbullying include:
- Mean text messages or emails
- Rumors sent by email or posted on social networking sites
- Embarrassing pictures, videos, websites, or fake profiles